Friday, August 03, 2007

Nesting Transference

I've been reading in my baby books that around now I should be hit by this "big burst of energy, and the need to clean my house." This is otherwise known as 'nesting.'

I have not, however, experienced this in the least. But what's funny is that I think Hambone is experiencing it by transference.

Last weekend I found him on his hands and knees in the kitchen with a scrub brush and a bucket of soapy water, muttering "Filthy. This is just filthy." He was referring to our tile floor that neither of us have paid much attention to in the three years we've lived there. He wanted to run to the store to get a scum buster because he felt that the grout was simply not getting clean enough with the scrub brush. I was sure he had lost his ever-lovin' mind.

If he was that affected, I can only imagine what will happen when (if) it hits me. Oy.

No comments: