Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Meet Hamslice

Here's Hamslice -- he was born on Friday August 25 at 4:07 in the morning. 7 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 inches long.

The delivery was not the piece of cake they make it out to be on TV, but now that it's over, who cares. Look at him! What a cutie



This little boy decided to flip breech on the Monday before the 25th, which meant we scheduled him to be flipped and induced on the 24th. The night before the inducement, he flipped again to the right position, so we just induced.

11 hours later, we were ready to start pushing, but it turned out he was facing the wrong way (back to front) so they pushed him back in and gave me a C-section at 4 am on Friday.

I was pretty tired after all of that, and it seems I am a little too sensitive to the epidural medicine. That stuff made me throw up during the later stages of labor and constantly during the C-section. I suppose that's why my tummy was stitched back together a little off center.

Now that it's over, I have a little boy wwho is more adorable than I had thought he would be, and the bonding is going well. I'm a proud momma.

2 comments:

Jen Naspinski said...

congratulations!!!!! he is very very cute. i hope things continue to go well for you. sorry to hear about the complicated labor and birth, however, my fear of having children is partly due to teh fact that I know that labor can be very tricky as MANY of my friends have had babies and i've heard all kinds or stories = ) personally, I don't know how I would deal iwth the sleep deprivation!
Enjoy-what an amazing experience.

secondchance from TGTB

Editor said...

Thanks Secondchance -- It's great to hear from you, and I hope all is going well for you