Tuesday, February 23, 2016

It's Definitely a Control Thing

The battle for daily control wages on. Now we're into full on ridiculous territory, and I love it. This is such a normal kid situation and I've been prepping for years for it to come. These days the battle is about outer wear. SOMEONE won't wear a jacket, or boots or gloves or a hat.

During the Blizzard of 2016, Hamslice wouldn't even consider wearing a jacket. He played in the snow with Crocks and no mittens. And then of course he got sick.

I've resorted to refusing to drive the car until he gets a jacket on, just to show who is in charge. My secret delight is to have him in the back seat, ready for school (but missing his coat). I get to pull halfway out of the garage and then *discover* his missing coat, and then refuse to drive anymore until he goes inside to get a coat.

Day 1 I read an entire magazine. Day 2, I got 5 pages of Rocks & Minerals under my belt before he caved. Each episode takes less time.

I. WILL. WIN.

mwha ha ha.

No comments: