Monday, April 16, 2007

Nesting, anyone?

This weekend I crossed the 20-week mark and had my first taste of "Nesting" instinct kick in. Saturday I spent the whole day cleaning the house, washing the dog, brushing the dog, vacuuming the dog hair out of the back yard, mopping the kitchen, and then re-brushing the dog.

I felt like a character actress -- "I will be playing the role of a woman who is obsessed with cleanliness." Hambone wasn't sure what to make of it all, because we also have a maid.

Sunday I dragged him to Target because I wanted to buy everything for the baby on that exact day. "Registries be damned!" I told him. I wanted the stuff NOW.

He was very patient with me and explained that maybe we should just R-E-G-I-S-T-E-R for things at Target and then wait until my due date is closer before doling out cash on that stuff. So as a compromise, we didthat but it wasn't enough for me. I dragged him through the housewares aisle so we could buy a rolling pin, cookbook holder, trivet, martini shaker, pepper grinder, a new dog brush, squirrel toy and dog shampoo, batteries, drapes, lightbulbs and other random household objects.

Poor Hambone. Clearly his wife has gone mad.

1 comment:

Catherine Arnold said...

Hey, you've read Anne Lamott's Operating Instructions, right? Great book.