Friday, March 30, 2007

Going on 18 weeks, Oh Sweet Vanity

I'll be 18 weeks pregnant on Sunday, and now that my hormones are settling into their regular (elevated) level, now I have other things on my mind.

Originally I was very interested in having the preggo belly and showing it off. But, when I started looking just gassy and fat, I changed my mind. Here's how it shook out:

At 8 weeks I bought a whole load of maternity clothes.
At 13 weeks I went to work in a maternity shirt and pants, ready to resign myself to the larger version of me.
At 15 weeks I went back to all of my own clothes, and dove deep into denial that I would actually get a pregnant belly.

This week (17) I actually started to have a belly, and while I still squeezed into my regular pants and shirt, I would find myself very, very crabby and uncomfortable by the end of the day.

Today I wore my maternity clothes again, and while they lack the fashion sense of my regular gear, I am blessedly comfortable.

Ahhh Cotton and elastic. Where have you been all my life?

No comments: