Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gettin' Midwest on those Nachos

In Mid-November, Hambone and I made our annual trip to Iowa, stopping for a visit with some family in Indiana. We watched an IU/UofM game in the stands, where we discovered that they they don't serve any alcohol. :-(

However, after the game we all went to Macri's for a hearty meal. My brothers were very interested to get our take on the nachos there, since we are the self-declared Nacho Connoisseurs.

I'd say those nachos were a 8 of 10. Part of it was that I was RAVENOUS by the time I got them, but to Macri's credit, the chips were fresh and they used real cheese. I deducted two points for using canned Jalapenos, but other than that they were very good.

It was great to see family again, and in Iowa (the next leg of the journey) we were able to catch most of Hambone's siblings too.

Here's what we learned on the trip overall, though: We added up the hours spent driving and it turned out to be 44 total. The trip lasted just over 4 days. That's a lot of driving. From now on we FLY!

No comments: