Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hambone Takes the Wheel

Now that we know the baby is a boy, Hambone has been more excited than I've ever seen him. I mean, it's always hard to tell with him because he plays his cards pretty close to his chest, but there are some telltale signs that he can't wait...

  • He's taken the lead on decorating ideas for the nursery. It's Bob the Builder, or John Deere or nothing!
  • When we found out the baby is only in the 30th% for body weight, he bought me an enormous bag of chocolate from Sam's club and so far he hasn't had ANY for himself
  • He had a lot of input about which civic groups to quit so I can spend more time relaxing and growing a healthy little boy
  • He calls me as he's driving home from work to see if I have any food cravings that he should stop by the store to fulfill
  • When the crib we ordered came in, he wanted us to leave work early to pick it up

I just love seeing our little family coming together with a mommy and a daddy and (of course) a gentle, giant doggy. It's exciting for all of us. =)

No comments: