Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pregnancy Aerodynamics

OK, Ok I know I have been harping on this whole "my body is changing" thing ad nauseum. However, I'll bet you never thought about how having a giant belly would change your aerodynamics, now did you.

Case in point: yesterday I had a meeting downtown, so I was wearing one of my "fancy" maternity dresses--the kind that ties above the belly and tries its best to hide the whale carcass below.

It was blustery outside in a pre-thunderstorm kind of way, so I was very careful to keep my hair from blowing around too much. This is normal.

What's not normal is this: Because my belly makes my skirt hem lie so far away from my legs, it's easy for the wind to really get up under there and make everything blow. In one particularly windy spot, my whole dress blew up around my face all the way up to the bottom of my bra. That must have been quite a sight for my fellow Baltimoreans -- me at 7 months pregnant showing my WHOLE BUSINESS to passers by.

Nice. Simply delightful, really.

No comments: