Friday, November 02, 2007

Day Care Follies

Yesterday was Hamslice's first day of day care. He was sleeping peacefully when I dropped him off, and I thought for sure he'd be the cutest little boy in the place.

Around 11AM the day care called me and asked what they could do to get him to stop crying. Evidently, he started shouting soon after I left and hadn't stopped for three hours. The worker sounded a little stressed...

I went to pick him up at 3pm (a couple of hours early) and heard the worker muttering to a colleague "I just got him to sleep a minute ago and NOW she comes to pick him up. Sheesh"

Today I dropped him off and three hours later HAMBONE called me up and said the sugar factory next to the daycare had an explosion, and shouldn't we go get Hamslice in case there's an evacuation.

This whole day care thing is not as easy as I thought it would be.

No comments: